We are often asked "How do I clean and maintain my stethoscope?" Here are the some handy general cleaning tips:
- If your stethoscope needs to be disinfected, wipe with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution.
- Do not immerse your stethoscope in any liquid, or subject it to any sterilization process.
- Keep your stethoscope away from extreme heat, cold, solvents and oils.
- Tunable diaphragms can be removed from the chestpiece and their surfaces wiped with alcohol or soapy water. Dry all parts thoroughly before reassembly.
- Eartips can be removed from the eartubes for thorough cleaning. For safety, snap eartips firmly back onto the ribbed ends of the eartubes.
- Products such as PRAVENI cleaners and protectors help maintain performance and professional appearance of trusted instruments.
Remember to refer to your stethoscope owner’s manual for detailed instructions on removing and cleaning parts, and reassembly.